*UPDATED LIST as of February 27, 2021*
I have tried lots of apps and they come and go or they don’t give out a lot of incentives. These apps I have now are tried & true and been used for years so they will not disappoint you.
These apps are also perfect for those folks that don’t have time to coupon yet they want the benefit of savings by getting paid.
A lot of these apps require you to do the rebates within 1 to 2 weeks after purchase so make a weekly habit of doing this process.
How to stay on track and get PAID using these apps:
1)keep all your receipts in a pile each week.
2)Pick a day to spend about 10 mins to take photos/scan receipts and products. I do them on Sundays. If you reconcile your checking/savings account on a particular day, do this altogether on the same day. OR redeem your receipts as you get them and mark them with a letter that each app name starts with.
REBATE PROGRAM APPS – Give Cash Back to you!
**These apps pay you for specific items:**
1) Ibotta: A phone app rebate program which offers cash back on “everyday” items from select stores and restaurants. Just like a mail in rebate offer, this is done online and you get your cash within 12-24 hours! No more waiting 6-8 weeks for a check! Ibotta offers rebates on food, clothes, restaurants, movies, baby items…it’s endless! It doesn’t matter if you used coupons or got it for free, you are rewarded for using Ibotta! Go HERE to get started! You’ll get $10 bonus when you redeem your first offer!
2) Checkout 51: All you do is select the item that you want to submit for rebate, take a picture of the receipt and scan the UPC code and you get paid within 24 hours! Go HERE to get started! Get $2 cash back when you redeem your first offer, then an $1 extra back for the next three redemptions for a total of $5 bonus cash!
3) Fetch Rewards: All you do is scan the UPC bar code off the product(s) and take a picture of your receipt and you will get your cash! Use Code CW7XW to get 1500 points to start with! Go HERE to get started.
After you download it, you select products that you are planning on buying within the week. After you make your purchases, you scan the UPC code off the product(s) and take a picture of your receipt. EVEN IF YOU DON’T BUY THE SPECIFIED PRODUCTS, STILL TAKE A PHOTO OF YOUR RECIEPTS, YOU GET POINTS!
**The apps below pay you for receipts, not specific products so those restaurants, clothing and miscellaneous receipts qualify for these apps.**
1) Receipt Hog: A phone rebate app that takes picture of your grocery receipts and give you coins, based on how much you spend. In addition, once you exceed certain levels, you will also be able to play to win extra coins by playing slots! You can trade your coins for cash or Amazon gift cards. Go HERE to get started.
You can trade the coins for Amazon gift cards or for cash! Amazon gift cards come handy especially during the holidays or if you need to buy a gift card for someone special.
2) Receipt Pal: A phone rebate app that takes picture of your grocery receipts and give you points, based on how much you spend. They offer gift cards from Amazon, Resturaurant.com and other popular store names. Go HERE to get started.
4) Shopkicks: a phone app that offers gift cards without making a purchase!
All you do is walk in the specified stores to earn your kicks and scan bar codes off the selected items for more kicks. The more kick you get, the higher the value of gift cards you can earn!
If you plan to make a purchase in that store, you can link your debit/credit card to Shopkick before you buy and earn more points too!
I have earned so many gift cards without making a single purchase! On special occasions/special holidays, they offer high value kicks for walking in certain stores. **Everyone in your household that has a smartphone can use this phone app and save the gift cards for a bigger purchase!** For more information about Shopkick, go HERE.
5) Rakuten: this website/app offers cash back on most of your online shopping. Rakuten offers you a rebate for every online purchase! So while you are staying home or at the office, you are not wasting time to heading to the store! That’s my kind of deal! Click HERE to find out more about Rakuten! **New members get a $10 giftcard of their choice when they sign up and spend $25 or more on their first purchase!** This site will come very handy during Back To School and Christmas! It is quite awesome to save money using promo codes online but it’s way cooler to get cash back rebates for shopping online!
**Other Apps that pay you:*
1) Safe2Save: This app promotes safe driving! You get points based on how many mileage you drive or ride. You can trade these points for free or discounted food, drink, venue and special items! Before you or the driver puts the vehicle in drive, open the app and watch your points go up as you go! Go HERE and put in code SAVEALOTMOM.
2) Miles Rewards: Pays you for the mileage you drive. You can trade your points for special offers and giveaways. You’ll earn 2000 points for signing up!
COUPON & STORE SAVINGS/RESOURCE DATABASE PROGRAMS: These apps that I use are a quick resource to find coupons and seek breakdowns on certain items – they are not rebate apps but they help me save time and money.
Flipp App: Good to find out what’s on sale in stores, where’s the best deal on the specific item(s) you are looking for. offers breakdowns and provides a coupon policy for quick reference. To start on Flipp, go HERE. After it downloads, you can select all the stores within a 100-mile radius for which you want to see sales.
This is not 100 percent accurate since the sales fliers are regional and not all locations have the same sales.
Once you select all the stores you want sales for, you can view up to five stores at once for specific items. For instance, if you want a deal on diapers, type in “DIAPER” in the search spot and it will pull up all the stores within a 60 mile radius that have deals on diapers (all brands). If you want a specific brand of diapers, type in the brand and any sales for that brand will show up on the database.
Coupon Cabin/RetailMeNot: Both of these apps offer you a wide variety of coupons and discounts to your favorite stores and restaurants, online and in-store. If you are visiting a retail store or shopping online, you can type in the name of the store in one or both apps and they will tell you all the available coupons for that particular store.
CouponTom: This website tells you what inserts the coupons are in. It even tells you if they are on the printable websites and it will direct you to print them too. I use this app alot since I keep my inserts whole. I save hours by not clipping all the coupons. Did you know on average, you only use about 25% of all the coupons in an insert!?! Why waste that time? Clip as needed.